header-photo

#42: eating my spending money

Okay – let me back up a little and explain my previous post a bit more. I am the type of person who often has issues with prioritizing but at the same time is an Olympic gold metal winner in the “writing lists” division. I constantly try to write all my thoughts down so i don't forget them. The issue is I get so consumed by just trying to make it through each days preset tasks that the good stuff on my lists rarely comes to life.

Example – I usually do all the house cleaning and errands before I do fun, enjoyable things.

But Guess what? I’m an adult now and I am allowed to choose how I spend my time. That is why I wrote a list to live! I'm ready to blossom with a life filled of bliss.

The first task I’ve decided take on you ask? (42) Staying within my grocery budget for three ENTIRE months. Three months, that is 90 days!

The reason I need to subject myself to such pain? Because my grocery spending has gotten outta control. I’ve been spending ALL my extra money on peanut butter, wine and cheese the past few months and I’m suffering from non-perishable shopping withdraws. Fall is right around the corner and my wardrobe needs some major attention… and the small little fact the we waste and we waste big! No bueno!

poor

My pre-planning strategy:

  • Make a weekly dinner menu
  • Base dishes on which proteins are on sale
  • Make a shopping list
  • Only purchase items that are on the list
  • Allow for (3) spontaneous purchases each shop
  • Bust out the old coupon organizer
  • Break down purchases into categories to form a more realistic budget

_________________________________________

Dinner Menu Outline – Days might switch around but you get the idea…

SundayAvocado Burgers W/ Baked Swt Potato Fried
MondaySavory Pork Tenderloin W/ Spanish Rice & Plantains
TuesdayLasagna Rolls W/ Salad
WednesdayRoast Chicken W/ Scalloped Potatoes and Green Beans
ThursdayTaco Baked Layer Pizza W/ Corn
FridaySlow cooker Beef Stew

This Weeks:

(Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner – For Three Adults)

TripGroceryB_preview

*= special item for the boys

Thumbs-up = on sale or buy one get one

Pork Tenderloin

Thumbs-up

Lasagna Noodles
(1) Peach

Thumbs-up

(2) Bananas
Beef Roast

Thumbs-up

Bertoli Sauce

Thumbs-up

1LB Lean Gnd Beef

Thumbs-up

Tomato Paste
(2) Pkg Chicken

Thumbs-up

Rice
Roll of Paper Towels*Nestle Quick
(sm) Zip Locks*Dirty Chips
(1) AppleCorn on the Cob

Thumbs-up

Paper Plates

Thumbs-up

(2) Pkg Cheese
Eggs

Thumbs-up

Lettuce
*ButtermilkRefried Beans
Yogurt (Plain & Greek)

Thumbs-up

Salsa
Bread / RollsGarlic
*Lunch MeatGrapes

Thumbs-up

*Juice/Tea/LemonadeLaughing Cow Cheese
Taco Kits

Thumbs-up

Bacon or Kielbasa
Canned Tuna

Thumbs-up

Plantains
(2) Avocados

Thumbs-up

Cilantro

Thumbs-up

Zucchini (sm) Green Bean Pkg

Thumbs-up

Shopping Mission Complete: Here are my stats

Total Spent: $191.57 - $125 (Necessities/Perimeter)

=$66.57

Spent “middle/frozen section of grocery”

______________________________________________

Meats $30

Produce $20

Dairy $15

Bakery $5

Beverages $40

House Supplies $10 + $5 (Vitamins)

Base Price $125

For the next month I’ve got to continue to monitoring our food purchases and see where we can improve. Stay tuned!

DSCF1076

I accidently bought 4 spontaneous purchases instead of 3. Oops, but it is a huge improvement from before. Wink

3 comments:

ninest123 said...

jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, longchamp, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, air max, nike free, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, michael kors, louis vuitton, nike free, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ugg boots, louboutin shoes

ninest123 said...

north face, nike roshe, hogan, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air max, coach outlet, timberland, michael kors, mulberry, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, hermes, ray ban uk, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, north face, oakley pas cher, hollister, nike air max, michael kors outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, lululemon, air force, nike air max, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer, coach purses, coach outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online

ninest123 said...

iphone cases, louboutin, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, new balance, celine handbags, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, ghd, beats by dre, soccer shoes, baseball bats, mont blanc, nike air max, timberland boots, hollister, nike roshe, ferragamo shoes, lancel, birkin bag, longchamp, converse outlet, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, north face outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban, lululemon, gucci, hollister, vans shoes, nike trainers, oakley, hollister, bottega veneta, insanity workout, instyler, mcm handbags, north face outlet, reebok shoes, p90x workout, babyliss, vans, nike huarache, ralph lauren, nfl jerseys, converse