header-photo

Job < Career

Howdy, while the sun takes it’s time to set I needed to occupy my brain before it starts telling me how baking brownies & pretzel rolls is better than running.

Proceed with caution:

amazing, life changing, EPIC news ahead!

Yes, this news does require the use of all of those adjectives! Me and this site are going places- sweet, glazed, naughty places…
l

Remember Project 121 in 1001, my 2.5 year knock off bucket list? One of my aspirations is to “enroll in an higher education program”. Here is the dealio. Fresh out of high school I attended a large university, where I studied business and finance. Devil Why was I studying such a dry, boring, repetitive subject you ask? Because…. That’s all.

  • I thought I was safe with a business degree.
  • I thought I was going to get incredibly rich from dealing with other people money.
  • I thought a 9AM-5PM office job was convenient.

Boy was I wrong!

I hated the courses that I was taking. Ummm, Failed Accounting I twice right here! I skipped class so often to avoid the torture. Two years later, once my courage and bank account were completely drained I finally decided to transfer to the local community college and finish the last two classes that I needed to obtain my Associates degree. In May of 2009 I graduated with my Associate of Arts degree. For the last year I’ve been looking for my purpose. You know? Trying to find something that inspires me and brings me joy…. hoping that it could provide an income.

w

ThinkingI think I’ve found IT!

I have been accepted into the International Baking and Pastry Program at Lincoln Culinary Institution.
lincoln_culinary_institute

15 signatures, 4 meetings,

3 hours of financial aid applications and 1 interview later

Class Starts October 4th!

WoW – I got butterflies just typing that.Surprise

Life is going to change major. This is a dream come true! When I graduate from the program in 18 months I will be seeking my first career. No more jobs! A FREAK CAREER doing something that I’m passionate about!

Since I will need to practice my hope is to document the entire experience on this blog. Finally, these pages will take more from the shape that I intended. I want to share my ambitions and creativity. I need to use my real voice!

And I mean who wouldn’t want to read posts about impressive cooking techniques?

Here is a preview of what is to come in the future.

Introduction to Culinary Art – All the basics!
Baking and Pastry Techniques
Artisan Breads and Viennoiserie
American and European Pastry and Baked Goods
Contemporary and Classical Cakes
Techniques and Artistry in Sugar
Techniques and Artistry in Chocolate
Food Beverage Management
Foodservice Operations
grp
Then, I will have three levels of externships at local establishments.

Word on the street is your performance throughout the program determines the quality and location of your externship. Ekkkkk!

Big changes headed our way. I’m also working on moving the site over to wordpress. I hate that I can’t reply to comments. Stay tuned!


16 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my goodness!!! Huge congrats to you. That is amazing! Isn't it wonderful to be able to combine your passion with your work? So happy for you.

Melissa said...

Great news!! CONGRATS!! Where are you in Florida??

Nora@LiveLifeEatRight said...

OMG SO AMAZING!!!!!! I wish I could do something like that. All of college I wondered "What my purpose was" and the older and more secure that I am I wish I had gone to culinary school! Your will have a blast, I can't wait to follow your journey!

Susan said...

Congrats on culinary school! I always wanted to do that but I have enough loans! I'm sure its going to be a LOT of fun!

By the way, I live in the WPB area too! Cool blog you have here!

Lindsay Ann said...

Thanks for the comment, I just discovered your blog and I'm definitely a fan. Congrats on getting into pastry school, that is sooo exciting! I'm a little jealous :)

Florida Food Snob said...

Wow, thank you every one for your warm wishes!
I can't to spend my days in a kitchen instead of infront of a computer! Too bad I have to keep my office job till graduation.

BTW: I'm in West Palm Beach.

thatswhatsummersaid said...

What fabulous news! Congratulations!

Katie H said...

Congrats! That is awesome :) :)

And yes- my yorkie is named Bailey. I love the fact that you have one too!

Robyn @ Wannabe Writer Runner said...

Life changes can be scary but also exciting. Good luck and congrats!

Laura said...

Sounds like your blog is about to get delicious! Congratulations on your next step toward happiness. I envy your ability to find and then follow your true calling. Good luck.

Jes said...

First, your comment on my blog totally made my day! Thank you!

Second, congratulations on getting into the baking and pastry program! My mouth is already watering just anticipating pictures that may appear on your blog! My friend went to pastry school, and she makes the most amaaaaazing desserts!

I can't wait to read more! And congrats again! That is so awesome!

Hilary @ Purelicious said...

WOW that's awesome!!!!! Congratulations to you!! Finding a rewarding career is so important, and can be tricky... I also got my degree in business (specifically Finance) but now am contemplating a totally different path all together... we shall see! Kudos to you for taking action on your dreams. :)

ninest123 said...

jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, longchamp, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, air max, nike free, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, michael kors, louis vuitton, nike free, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ugg boots, louboutin shoes

ninest123 said...

north face, nike roshe, hogan, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air max, coach outlet, timberland, michael kors, mulberry, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, hermes, ray ban uk, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, north face, oakley pas cher, hollister, nike air max, michael kors outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, lululemon, air force, nike air max, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer, coach purses, coach outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online

ninest123 said...

iphone cases, louboutin, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, new balance, celine handbags, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, ghd, beats by dre, soccer shoes, baseball bats, mont blanc, nike air max, timberland boots, hollister, nike roshe, ferragamo shoes, lancel, birkin bag, longchamp, converse outlet, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, north face outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban, lululemon, gucci, hollister, vans shoes, nike trainers, oakley, hollister, bottega veneta, insanity workout, instyler, mcm handbags, north face outlet, reebok shoes, p90x workout, babyliss, vans, nike huarache, ralph lauren, nfl jerseys, converse

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, links of london, replica watches, moncler outlet, coach outlet, canada goose, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, canada goose, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, pandora charms, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, karen millen, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, toms shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, moncler, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, moncler, swarovski, pandora charms