header-photo

Sipp’in Gin and Juice

Ugh, that song will not leave my head! But delish Jambalaya is on the stove, so all better. Big GrinYum!

IMG_1859

Lets be honest, we cant be happy, smiley, cheerful and peppy ALL the time unless one of the following applies:

11. You live & work at the North Pole where your daily routine includes fireplaces, homemade hot chocolate, fresh baked cookies, sweets, treats and toy making. (Source)

82941__elf_l

2. You are one of the seven dwarf who’s name rhymes with sappy.

5 I usually make a conscious effort not to blog when I’m down and grumpy. No one enjoys constantly reading about how depressed,gloomy and negative someone is. But the truth is we are simply not “ourselves” at times. Right now. This moment. I’m experiencing this – it is a negative feeling that I can’t identify. Is it the sadness that I feel from having so few “friends” or is it that I’m not going to the HLS this weekend to make new ones? Am I discouraged because I’m not getting any many comments on this blog? Am I disappointed because I struggle so much with forming habits that last? Or am I irritated that the man of the house and my brother have devoted the majority their extended waking hours to nothing except play STARCRAFT for far too long. FML… I just heard one of them say “when do you wanna get those 15 more guys?” :SIGH:

Who knows? Maybe it is all those crappy thing combined that has me prematurely PMSing but now that I've identified that these are feeling that I do not enjoy or want to indulge in I have to choose the way I proceed. Bubble Bath and Wine immediately to follow this post. WinkingNote to self: Great choice!

“If you keep doing what your doing. You’ll keep getting what your getting.”

Stole the concept this week and applied it to my approach to reintroducing activity back into my life. Since the injury I’ve been taking it ridiculously easy on the movement front. Over the past two weeks I’ve kept saying to myself “I'm going to workout 5-6 days… at least 1 hour… no sweets… no diet soda…”. I was setting myself up to fail. This week I took the unraveled path – being kind to ME.

My mind seems to have forgotten that my body needs time to acclimate back into strange territory, even if it has only been a few weeks.

I challenged myself to more obtainable goals.

  • Workout 4 days at least 30mins
  • Eat consciously
  • Journal what I eat

That is all. It is going well thus far. I am have been indulging a lot with my free time. I’ve made time to read and take the pup on long slow walks and tonight I have my hot bubble bath scheduled. Party Even made time for yoga class last night which was delightful!

I've been reminded how critical my mental well being is. Treating your soul kindly feels so fulfilling! Don't you agree?

What are some little simple pleasure you indulge in to find your balance?

13 comments:

screaming fatgirl said...

"Am I discouraged because I’m not getting any many comments on this blog?"

I get like this sometimes, too. I try to see the feelings as an opportunity to stop seeking external validation for my actions. Of course we all want it and its our nature as humans to "need" it, but ultimately, I try to turn away from this impulse because I think it is really hard on my self-esteem.

When I don't get validation, I think I'm boring or people don't like me. When I get it, I feel like I have something of value to add to people's lives. I think this is part of a sense that I have an external locus of control and I want to pull that back inside of myself through changing my thinking about such things. It's hard though, particularly as a fat person who is constantly being bullied and has a strong sense that control is always outside of me.

Anyway, I would encourage you to not take the lack of comments too personally. People don't comment for a lot of reasons, and they almost never have anything to do with what you're doing or saying. You'd be surprised how many people are afraid to comment, even anonymously.

summah said...

I totally agree with the above. There are several blogs that I read that I really like, but I seldom comment because I'm not sure what I can say that will really add to it.

I feel like I want people to read my stuff, but I try not to get too discouraged. I like to pretend sometimes that I'm just writing in a journal, for me, and that maybe one day someone will come across it and think what I write is funny or interesting.

I like your blog and will continue to read. (And comment!) I found you via HTP and had been waiting for you to post a new entry!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

hey love finding other florida bloggers, people who can whine with me about the summer heat for running!!

I think you've set some good goals and I agree yoga is something that makes me feel more centered... it took me a long time to realize that but I love it now

Florida Food Snob said...

SFG - You are SO uplifting and ALWAYS bring a smile to my face. Thank You!

Summah - Cute closing line. ;-) I appreciate your perspective! I realized I guess I kinda do the same thing too sometimes.

Amanda - Yay, for Florida Bloggers! I'm dying to go to my first "IRL meetup". Yoga is slowing making its way to my "addicted" list.

Thank you all for your kind words!

Tina said...

I love how you recognized it was more important to be reasonable to reach goals. Treating yourself with respect is so important. That is a big part of the 30 Days of Self-Reflection I have coming to my blog in September. http://www.faithfitnessfun.com/30-days-of-self-love/

I found your blog through the Healthy Living Bloggers. :)

Anonymous said...

I ωill immеdiately gгаsp yοur rss feed as І
can't in finding your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've anу?

Kindly let me геcognіse in
orԁеr thаt I could ѕubscribe.
Thanks.

Visit my ωeb sіte: http://www.veggiejuicerecipes.com

Anonymous said...

Ηello everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this website, and piece of writing is in fact fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these types of articles.

my homepage: Wetfouru.Com

Anonymous said...

I always spent my hаlf an houг tο read this website's content all the time along with a mug of coffee.

my website :: kale juice recipes

Anonymous said...

This piecе of ωriting οffers cleаr idеa designеd for the new useгs of blogging, thаt gеnuinely hοw tο do bloggіng аnd site-buildіng.


Alѕο visіt my web page; asian vegetarian recipes

ninest123 said...

jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, longchamp, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, air max, nike free, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, michael kors, louis vuitton, nike free, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ugg boots, louboutin shoes

ninest123 said...

north face, nike roshe, hogan, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air max, coach outlet, timberland, michael kors, mulberry, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, hermes, ray ban uk, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, north face, oakley pas cher, hollister, nike air max, michael kors outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, lululemon, air force, nike air max, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer, coach purses, coach outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online

ninest123 said...

iphone cases, louboutin, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, new balance, celine handbags, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, ghd, beats by dre, soccer shoes, baseball bats, mont blanc, nike air max, timberland boots, hollister, nike roshe, ferragamo shoes, lancel, birkin bag, longchamp, converse outlet, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, north face outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban, lululemon, gucci, hollister, vans shoes, nike trainers, oakley, hollister, bottega veneta, insanity workout, instyler, mcm handbags, north face outlet, reebok shoes, p90x workout, babyliss, vans, nike huarache, ralph lauren, nfl jerseys, converse

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, links of london, replica watches, moncler outlet, coach outlet, canada goose, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, canada goose, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, pandora charms, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, karen millen, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, toms shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, moncler, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, moncler, swarovski, pandora charms