header-photo

Wish it was Sunday…

because that is my fun day!Tongue

Confession: every other thought that crosses my mind has to do with culinary school, if I don’t redirect this energy I could be headed for a mental danger zone or you know gain 20 pounds easily! Yes, my future is knocking at the door and it is more my style but I can’t completely over look the scene of the present can I?

Sunday - I literally jumped outta bed, leaped into my running shoes and dashed out the door. I arrived quickly at my destination to do some luxurious trail running.

IMG_2028

My friends, I feel guilty calling this a workout. I mean I sweat like I’m on a spin bike and the ‘ol Garmin says that I’m burning major calories but I might be loving trail running more than wine these days! Did I just say that? SarcasticAre my southern roots showing?

If you saw this precious deer on the treadmill in front of you wouldn’t you forget how hard you were working? Sorry you have to look so hard, she’s camouflaged. IMG_2021 IMG_2018

Yes, it is true I was feet away from a real life deer on my run!

IMG_2037

I saw her hoof prints for over a mile and was worried they were hog/boar marking….Whew

IMG_2036 IMG_2034

I saw the world largest owl too but it was gone in the blink of an eye! Moments later an alligator crossing sign appeared– not cool but deer and owls kinda epic!alligator


I ventured out on a different path this time and it was the best decision ever! There is a long wooden board walk the stretches at least a ¼ mile! On the boardwalk you can see the baby fishes through the clear water.
IMG_2026Obviously – swimming is encouraged?
IMG_2032

Since I am a newbie to trail running I ended up with some attractive battle wounds! Many, many painful blisters from walk/running over 6 miles in wet shoes and socks to be exact but I could not have started my half marathon training in a better more peaceful environment!

IMG_2022 IMG_2031 IMG_2033

I totally ended up with farmers tan (I.E: sock tan lines around my ankles) and mud globs for souvenirs – To be honest it made me feel like a bad ass. No big deal…

Well, I was increasing my happiness meter until I read Caitlin's recent post about her finances. Y’all know I’m working on taming the grocery budget, right? I’ve only mentioned it a million few times...

Her post and the endless comments made my brain go into over drive. This topic and the epiphany of why I suck so bad at budgeting is mostly due to my lack of envisioning an end reward, deserves it’s own post. How in the world can I save money just because I’m supposed to, I need a freaking goal! Duh!Big Grin

One of my newest accomplishments: Cooking the proper portion of pasta and saving the rest. SCORE!

IMG_2052

I’ve discovered a few more tools for savings success that I will be sharing soon enough. Well – I haven’t been successful with using them yet but they seem effective.

If you are looking for some mental stimulation – check out this post from Morgan about blogging frequency. Even though I’m still a new to blogging and I don’t take it as SERIOUS as others, I thought her point of view was very intriguing.

16 comments:

lilybeans said...

Dude, my bf thought veggies could never be a meal! There always had to be meat on the plate. Then he lost the 30lbs he put on after college and loves them.

Culinary school, that is AWESOME! I am applying to the NYU Food Studies Program and freaking out about the price tag! I can't wait to hear about it!

The Faux Foodie said...

Wow, the trail is beautiful. Where is it in SFL? I am always looking for some trail running...so tired of sidewalks!!!!

Good luck with the culinary school!!!

Shannon, Tropical Eats said...

ahh i love boardwalks!!! looks like an awesome training day for sure! can't beat being in the outdoors.

really like your list of 121 things you wanna do! seriously, you are epic

Lo said...

i am obsessed with you and your blog. What got me was the "have sex 7 days in a row" on your list. I LOVE yoU! every girl should have that on a list!

lacesandlattes said...

Hey!

Thanks for the comment. I love your site and look forward to reading it again.

Kudos on the trail running, it is NOT for the faint hearted. :)

Tina said...

I think the only way I will ever do more running is if I can do it outside. I hate the treadmill.

Brad Fallon said...

Great looking trail - I love boardwalks, too!

Simply Life said...

Looks like a great place for a workout!

ninest123 said...

jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, longchamp, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, air max, nike free, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, michael kors, louis vuitton, nike free, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ugg boots, louboutin shoes

ninest123 said...

jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, longchamp, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, air max, nike free, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, sac longchamp, michael kors, louis vuitton, nike free, longchamp pas cher, ugg boots, ugg boots, louboutin shoes

ninest123 said...

north face, nike roshe, hogan, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air max, coach outlet, timberland, michael kors, mulberry, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, hermes, ray ban uk, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, north face, oakley pas cher, hollister, nike air max, michael kors outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, lululemon, air force, nike air max, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer, coach purses, coach outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online

ninest123 said...

north face, nike roshe, hogan, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance pas cher, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air max, coach outlet, timberland, michael kors, mulberry, true religion jeans, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, hermes, ray ban uk, ugg boots, lacoste pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, north face, oakley pas cher, hollister, nike air max, michael kors outlet, hollister pas cher, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, lululemon, air force, nike air max, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer, coach purses, coach outlet, michael kors, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online

ninest123 said...

iphone cases, louboutin, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, new balance, celine handbags, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, ghd, beats by dre, soccer shoes, baseball bats, mont blanc, nike air max, timberland boots, hollister, nike roshe, ferragamo shoes, lancel, birkin bag, longchamp, converse outlet, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, north face outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban, lululemon, gucci, hollister, vans shoes, nike trainers, oakley, hollister, bottega veneta, insanity workout, instyler, mcm handbags, north face outlet, reebok shoes, p90x workout, babyliss, vans, nike huarache, ralph lauren, nfl jerseys, converse

ninest123 said...

iphone cases, louboutin, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, new balance, celine handbags, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, ghd, beats by dre, soccer shoes, baseball bats, mont blanc, nike air max, timberland boots, hollister, nike roshe, ferragamo shoes, lancel, birkin bag, longchamp, converse outlet, jimmy choo shoes, nike air max, north face outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban, lululemon, gucci, hollister, vans shoes, nike trainers, oakley, hollister, bottega veneta, insanity workout, instyler, mcm handbags, north face outlet, reebok shoes, p90x workout, babyliss, vans, nike huarache, ralph lauren, nfl jerseys, converse

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, links of london, replica watches, moncler outlet, coach outlet, canada goose, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, canada goose, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, pandora charms, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, karen millen, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, toms shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, moncler, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, moncler, swarovski, pandora charms

ninest123 said...

louis vuitton, links of london, replica watches, moncler outlet, coach outlet, canada goose, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, wedding dresses, canada goose uk, canada goose, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, bottes ugg, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, pandora charms, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, karen millen, hollister, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, toms shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, moncler, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, moncler, swarovski, pandora charms